So, southern country accents aside….I can’t believe it! More blogging awards!!! I actually received these a little while ago now but I’ve only just gotten the opportunity to post about them. Firstly I was re-awarded the Versatile Blogger Award way back in February so I would like to give a big hearty thank you to Jumbled Minds who awarded it to me! If you are interested you can find my original Versatile Blogger post here. Secondly, to my surprise, I received several awards from Novel Journeys as well, all in one big package! (this was also back in February, gosh I’m more behind than I thought! :S ) So thank you very much to her! Both of these blogs are amazing, and I really enjoy reading them and joining in with their discussions so you should check them out if you haven’t already! 🙂
I wasn’t really sure what to do in terms of passing these awards on, but I knew I wanted to continue spreading the joy (even if it does resemble a chain letter, because blogging awards really mean a lot to me.) Therefore I’ve decided to pass on one award per person to the blogs I have been enjoying the most recently for various reasons: 1.) really innovative and well written posts 2.) for being such friendly and lovely people that are always willing to have a conversation or debate, and 3.) those of course, that really deserve it! 🙂 Of course, I still follow tonnes of other blogs that I really enjoy too, but the more I add to the list the more it starts to look like a crazy chain letter 😛
For the people receiving the awards, if you want to pass them on yourselves or accept them that’s great! But If not then no worries 😉
- Describe yourself in seven words. Bookaholic, friendly, shy, blonde, emotional, dependable, honest.
- What keeps you up at night?That’s easy, reading! (I know that’s not what the question is hinting at but hey it’s true) I’ve spent so many night too engrossed in a book to put it down, and I always pay for it the next morning!
- Whom would you like to be? Someone who is willing to stand up for what they believe in, to stick to their views, even if others don’t agree.
- What are you wearing right now?The good old jeans and a T-shirt combo, although it now has acrylic paints stains on from doing my art work earlier. Darn.
- What scares you? The unknown, there is nothing I find more terrifying than the uncertainty of my future, and where I will be 10 years from now. Will I pass my exams? Get into University? Will I stack up a tonne of debt and still be unemployed? These are all questions that frustrating, have no answers.
- What are the best and worst things about blogging? The best thing about blogging is knowing that people actually respect me enough take my opinions seriously here on WordPress, which really means a lot to me…..this is something that unfortunately doesn’t really happen in real life. I certainly don’t give out the impression of being a person of ‘intelligence’, I more come across as the slightly dim, shy, blonde girl and therefore people don’t tend to ask my opinion, because they don’t think I will have anything valid to add. Appearance isn’t always everything…
The worst thing about blogging is…..well I don’t really have any negatives. I guess the feeling when you write a post and it doesn’t get as much of a reaction as you’d hoped it would?
- What was the last website you looked at? Twitter
- What is one thing you want to change about yourself?I would like to be more confident.
- Slankets: yes or no? Apparently a slanket is a snuggie, in which case, yes.
- Tell us something about the person who nominated you. Novel Journey’s is an aspiring writer with great taste in books! 🙂
The person I am nominating for the Mrs. Sparkly’s Ten Commandments Award is…
Jumbledminds! I cannot think of a person with more Sparkle in her personality and her blog. Her posts are always thought provoking and her strength and sense of character is inspirational! 🙂
Next up is the Sunshine Award! This one comes with some random questions too, time to jump through some more hoops 😉
Favorite colors: Red, and blue
Favorite animal: Hmm, it’s a tough call, it’s either a cat, or a bushbaby, they have such cute big eyes!
Favorite number: 6
Favorite drink: Tea! I really couldn’t live without tea. The first cup in the morning is just the best feeling in the world.
Facebook or Twitter: Twitter! No question. My dislike for Facebook could be an entire post on it’s own!
Your passion: Hmm, let me think…reading! Did you even have to ask? 😛
Giving or receiving: I know this is where I should be politically correct and say giving, but I have to be honest and nothing quite beats receiving an amazing gift!
Favorite pattern: Urmmm, I’m not really a pattern fan, I guess stripes?
Favorite day of the week: Friday! Nothing beats that Friday feeling when you walk through the door, collapse on the sofa, and know your temporarily free from the insanity and stress of school!
Favorite flower: A Daisy or a Forget-me-not because their so simple and delicate, and nobody tends to pay enough attention to their beauty because they just see them as common weeds.
The person I am nominating for the Sunshine Award is……….
NM’s Writers Blog! 🙂 No surprise there, 😛 Nisha pretty much gets any award thrown my way because her blog is awesome, and is always introducing me to new fiction and fascinating stories. I always learn something from her posts. She goes above and beyond the call of normal blogging, starting large conversations and discussions. Nisha’s comments always bring a little sunshine my way, and I know she does the same for many others out there – hence, Sunshine Award! 🙂
The final award for this post is the Candle Lighter Award.
“For those who believe, who always survive the day and those who never stop dreaming; for those who cannot quit, for those who keep trying.”
Ok, I have to admit, I caved. There are two people I want to award this one too, even though I said at the start I would nominate one person for each. But I can’t choose! They both deserve it so much!
The first person I would like to give this award to is….
I Argue In My Spare Time 🙂 This blog is fantastic! Maggie’s still reasonably new to the blogging world but you wouldn’t know it. I love that her posts on fantasy books; both comments and reviews are so in-depth and I really trust her opinion on books and have already noted down several books/authors she’s mentioned. She’s also bringing me round to the idea that maybe not all poetry is bad 😛 She gets this award because of her determination in pursuing writing, and also for being such a consistent blogger in terms of content 🙂
The second person I am awarding the Candle Lighter Award to is Anyonething 🙂 Not only is Summer an extremely nice person who I appear to have a lot in common with, but she is also someone pursuing her dreams and who keeps on trying. Not only in terms of trying to pursue her dream career of being a Journalist but also in terms of her being so pro-active which led to the HUGE achievement of contacting some of the Harry Potter crew and getting invited to some great events. Congrats Summer! 🙂
Well, that’s it folks. Again if you want to spread the joy by accepting or passing on the awards that’s great! But there is no need to feel obligated, it’s all in the name of fun after all! 😉
P.S. I recently wrote another guest post, a review of the film Hanna, which you can check out here if your interested. Have a good week! 🙂