Hey, how y’all doin’? 😀
(Sorry, occasionally I feel the need to use a southern accent, it just kind of pops out.)
Firstly I would like to thank you all for the great writing advise you gave me in a past post, it was really helpful and encouraging. I now have nearly 650 words drafted out, and I’m pretty excited about where this short story is going to go. 🙂
So moving on, yours truly has been tagged for the Liebester blogging award again twice by some fellow bloggers! I’ve already received these before so I feel like it would kind of be cheating to tag a load more bloggers again, but I thought that I’d answer the questions anyway, especially as there are some interesting ones. 🙂
If your feeling social, pop over to their sites and check these guys out!
Questions from Artsandyouthlove
- Do you like answering random questions? When they’re interesting ones, yes!
- If you could meet anyone, who would it be? Gahh that is a difficult question with so many possibilities! But I would love to meet Emily Bronte. Wuthering Heights had such a profound effect on me and inspired me to try more classics, so it would be cool to get to know the author, discover more about her first hand and what gave her the inspiration to write the book. Plus meeting someone from the 19th century would be pretty interesting!
- If you could change your talent for another talent, what would it be? Hmm I’m not really sure I have a talent…and if I do I don’t know what it is, lol. I always wish that I could have lots of different talents depending on my latest whims. Right now I’m thinking I wish I could sing like Christine from Phantom of the Opera. Who doesn’t want to secretly have an amazing singing voice? 😛
- Do you listen to more than one genre of music? Definitely, my music taste’s are all over the place. I love country/folk music but I also like rock. The kiddy awesomeness of Kim Possible’s theme tune and the swelling notes of Disney. But I also like Enter Sandman by Metallica. The only genre’s I’m not too keen on are Dubstep, and the majority of rap music (There’s still some of it I like though!).
- What’s your favorite junk food? Cheesy Doritos, without question! They are required sustenance for any movie watching.
- Do you watch tv? Of course! Who doesn’t?
- How do you feel about Valentine’s Day? Not really a fan of it, I could sprout the same ‘it’s just for money’ crap but everyone’s heard it before. I just don’t see the point of it personally, and I think in the end it’s just stressful. Getting the right/wrong gift, forgetting a gift altogether etc etc. The amount of fights that have been started due to Valentines day…esh!
- What is your favorite movie genre? Hmm…fantasy and the supernatural. Lord of the Rings, The Last Unicorn, The Sixth Sense, The Wizard of Oz, Jurassic Park, Dragon Heart, The Dark Crystal, How to Train Your Dragon, The Neverending Story….I could go on for hours! But I’m also a fan of any films with well thought out characters, good soundtracks and scenes that make you think. 🙂 I also really love Chinese/Japanese films with subtitles, it’s like a whole whirlwind experience not just a movie!
- What is your favorite season? Hmm Autumn for all the pretty colours or spring for the hope it brings.
- Do you find it hard to create and answer random questions? To find answers? No, to make them vaguely interesting answers to other people? Yes! 😛
- How’s your week going? Good thank you!
Questions from Justonemonkeytyping:
- What is one album you couldn’t live without? Oooh that’s so tough, especially since my music taste’s switch with my mood. I’m really addicted to my Barton Hollow CD by The Civil Wars at the moment though.
- What was your childhood dream? Hmm I had several, I’m pretty sure I wanted to be a writer, and artist, a vet and singer on more than one occasion during my childhood. 😛
- If you could choose between knowing every language fluently or being able to play every instrument perfectly, which would you choose? Hmm I think I would pick languages. It would be more useful, especially when going on holiday!
- What is your opinion of Valentine’s day? Ohh no not again! Refer to question seven above. 😛
- Which band/artist would you most like to see in concert? I would love to see The Pretty Reckless or Taylor Swift. They both kick butt in totally different ways.
- What is the kindest thing anybody has ever done for you? Now that would be telling. 😉
- What is your earliest memory? Hmm…I have no clue what my earliest memory is, but I remember copying out books word for word into notebooks, I remember climbing out of my playpen and feeling totally badass because of it, and I remember desperately wanting to be a Disney princess. 😛
- What was your favourite subject in high school and why? For quite a while it was Art Graphics as it allowed me to get my creative side out there, but it switched to Psychology during ALevel. You can only draw inanimate objects for so long!
- If you could choose to speak any language fluently, which one would you choose and why? I’d quite like to be able to speak Latin actually, which probably stems from all the supernatural things I read and watch! I love that it’s old and think a lot of the phrases they use sound really beautiful.
- Do you have a favourite film soundtrack? If so, what is it? I actually really love the Twilight soundtracks, they have some really great and unusual song on them! I’m also quite tempted to buy The Hobbit and The Hunger Games ones, because they seem to have some great tunes too.
- Name three books that you couldn’t live without. Ayaaaa!? Really?! Why does everyone ask this question, it’s just too hard!
I guess if I had to pick…. and series counted, the The Hunger Games trilogy, the Harry Potter series and Wuthering Heights, maybe. But ask me tomorrow and my answer will probably have changed again!
* * *
I figured this was also an opportunity to announce my own official meme! I talked about the idea of doing it quite a few months ago and after a whole lot of mulling I have finally decided that it’s something I want to do. The general idea is that I will post a quote every two weeks on a Wednesday. The majority of them will probably be from authors and their books (hence the name ‘quoting the quill’) but a few TV and film quotes might just make their way in there too. 😉 And so I guess we’ll just see how it goes! I’m not going to stress myself out if I skip one or anything like that, because it’s just meant to be a bit of fun.
And feel free to join in if you want! Just make sure to link back to me. 🙂
P.S. Turns out this is my 100th post!!!
My own, feel free to reuse if you want to use the meme too, just remember to link back. 🙂