If you’re reading this, it means you’ve officially made it through the most depressing month of the year, GIVE YOURSELF A PAT ON THE BACK (and maybe a cookie…or 5???)
Actual image of me being a cookie monster.
There’s something about January that feels a little like limping over a finish line, am I right? It bleak, it’s rainy, it gets dark so early and it feels like you shouldn’t have to go out into the world and DO THINGS.
I’m summarising both December and January in this post because in December I did my end of year wrap up instead.
Hi, guys! So, November was a pretty awful month and I’m glad to see it go!
Work has been horrendous and we have been scrabbling around, totally behind the game spending most of our time putting out fires. I have been feeling utterly burnt out. BUT WHO WANTS TO TALK ABOUT THAT??? I don’t, I’ve already lived it!
Here are some of the highlights from this month – there are actually more positives than I thought!
- I came across some Beatrix Potter 50p coins after buying some food and had a total nerd out. I love Beatrix Potter and used to read all the books when I was younger, so I was surprised to look down at my change and find both Tom Kitten and Jeremy Fisher staring back at me! They’re now in pride of place on my bookshelf! (You can view the collection here.)
- I went to a new Turkish restaurant which essentially specialises in meat platters. It was fantastic and they had the biggest portions I’ve ever seen!
- I treated myself to a book haul and all the covers are so beautiful I COULD CRY.
- I received my first ever book subscription box from illumicrate. I’ve been so tempted to get one of these for a while, but with most being £30 a pop it’s not exactly an impulse buy. But this month I decided to treat myself, damn it! It was so fun having a mystery box full of goodies to open, and it had a book enclosed that I’ve been desperately coveting for the last couple of months! If you’re interested to see what was in it, you can view my instagram story (it’s on my highlights)!
What were your personal highlights this month?
After much thought, I’ve decided to start doing my own wrap-up posts, and I am VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS!
When I first started blogging I wasn’t a big fan of wrap-ups because I didn’t think they added anything new, but since, I’ve seen so many great bloggers be creative with them that now they’re often my favourite kinds of post! I’ve been thinking a lot about wrap-ups since I recently changed my blogging style and decided I wasn’t going to review everything I read – I’ve been debating how I can showcase books in other formats. Additionally, I’ve been looking to expand the topics I talk about to include my other interests. A wrap up seemed like a great way to spotlight some of these, alongside general updates.
I asked you guys on Instagram and twitter whether you would be interested in Blogs of a Bookaholic wrap-ups and the answer was a resounding yes. So your wish is my command!
Depending on life and time restraints, I may do wrap-ups every month, or every two months. We’ll see how this goes!
What should I expect from your wrap-ups?
- Short life updates
- Books read (ratings and summarising my thoughts in a couple of sentences).
- Film and TV watched (ratings, and mini reviews)
- Product of the month – I’m keeping this purposely vague, I could be discussing anything from fashion and makeup to phone apps and homeware!
- Blog posts published
- Posts I’ve enjoyed from other bloggers
Hopefully, this will be interesting to you, but let me know if there’s anything else you’d be interested in seeing. I’d love to hear your thoughts and will consider requests!
So, here we go!
Hello, bloggers! I hope you’re well.
(This is the part where I hope that I’m not talking into a murky abyss of nothingness, as this blog has been somewhat neglected of late.)
So yeah, I disappeared there for a while. It was completely unintentional, but I think, much needed. Ever since I finished university, life has become a bit of a whirlwind, so much has been going on, but all of it good! I have been making it my mission to have as much fun and relaxation time as possible, and to catch up on doing things I didn’t have time to do the past 3 years, and it’s been awesome. Continue reading
Full disclosure, this post is going to be a ramble with lots of pictures and gifs!
So, you may have noticed it’s been quite quiet around here lately. Not that I’m worrying about that, it’s life right? But I thought I would do a little catch up on what’s been happening the past few months. To sum it all up in one word?
Yep, that evil monster reared its ugly head. The one that strikes fear into the hearts of students everywhere. The past few months have been a smooshy ball of stress, panic, hope, and then straight back to panic again. Continue reading
Hello blogity friends! As you can probably tell, university has been keeping me very busy of late, which has become evident by my lack of presence on the blogosphere! Imagine my horror when I logged in and realised I hadn’t blogged in over a month, WHOOPSIE! *Edges sideways.* This semester has been one fun, crazy, stressful, and brilliant ride, and I can only hope the second semester will be just as good. It’s been a lot of hard work assignment-wise, especially as each piece is so weighty to the overall grade but ultimately everything has run pretty smoothly. The results I’ve been receiving have far exceeded my expectations, and this week I officially received ethical approval for my dissertation (aka, permission to experiment on people, mwuhuhuhuuuuuu!). Continue reading
I feel like it’s about time I did another one of these random life update posts. A few weeks ago I packed up all my stuff AGAIN and headed back to the student world for my final year of university. Can you say scary? The fact that this is my final year is really messing with my head. What I do in the next 9 months will count towards two thirds of my degree. It’s where the real work starts. EEEP. Right now everything feels a little bizarre because it’s like the calm before the storm, I know all of these deadlines are looming but the impact is yet to hit. At the moment it seems like I’m having too much fun! I know it can’t last and the stress factor will soon kick in but for now all is good in Becky world. I’m feeling oddly hopeful about my final year. Even though it will probably be mind numbing and intense I’m ready to face the challenge (no doubt this entire train of thought will reverse within a month, you wait and see :P). Continue reading